Mobile Device Management (MDM) for SuitePOS Terminals
If you have more than a handful of terminals a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution is recommended to manage (remote and centrally) all devices. A MDM strategy enables you to update SuitePOS quicker and more accurately - resulting in less issues.
Example MDM Solutions that work with SuitePOS:
- VMWare AirWatch
- Cisco Meraki
Overview of MDM:
Most MDM follow the same methods of setup. These are as follows:
- Create a Push Certificate to establish a connection between the devices and the MDM server. You do this using your Apple Developer ID
- Define your devices in the MDM
- Upload the SuitePOS IPA file to the MDM as an Enterprise distribution
Getting the URL of the SuitePOS IPA file:
- Go to www.suiteretail.com/prod and determine which build you need eg. Build 830.
- Get the IPA URL by:
- Right clicking on the "DOWNLOAD" link and copy it to a notepad (or equiv. app).
- Isolate the ".plist" link for the "url=" parameter. eg. https://suiteretail.github.io/Builds/Prod-830/POS.plist. The equivalent IPA file is located at https://suiteretail.github.io/Builds/Prod-830/SPOS%20Prod.ipa
Forcing a Full Sync across terminals
There are some instances when you need to initiate a Full Item Sync as soon as possible. for example: Item structures have changed Need to reset the item cache because of issues Recent items have been added/removed to/from the Saved Item Search Full ...
Socket Mobile scanner does not work correctly after pairing
Even though the socket scanner may show as paired in bluetooth settings for the Apple iOS device, it may not properly scan in the POS. The scanner may read text and put data into the search bar of the POS, but, will not scan items directly into the ...
NetSuite Platform Performance Management Tool. Slow SuitePOS Scripts.
If you are experiencing slow performance in NetSuite, there is a performance management tool that can be installed in your Netsuite account that can assist with the performance troubleshooting of scripts. We recommend that you install this SuiteApp ...
Recording SuitePOS on your Apple Device for troubleshooting
Video is sometimes necessary to facilitate diagnosis by our support team. To use Apple's screen recorder feature you need to first add the recording button to the control center. Once added, you can then record/stop record screen activity. On the ...
Tutorial: Installing SuitePOS for NetSuite
The retailer is responsible for installation, applying the upgrades to the SuitePOS bundle and app, and testing. It is recommended that these tasks are performed by a qualified NetSuite Administrator in a sandbox environment first.\ Overview SuitePOS ...